How a US-Land Operator used TDE Group’s proNova solution to outperform KPI targets
How proNova helps
TDE’s proNova brings together rigorous data QA/QC processes, comprehensive performance metrics and benchmarking methodologies, and enhanced reporting and analytics to increase operations’ visibility. Identifying and achieve best-safe-practices, to facilitate knowledge-sharing via the proNova real-time learning platform. By harboring an environment for excellence and “friendly competition”, proNova was able to assist across a two-year drilling campaign with five rigs for a US-Land Operator to improve operational efficiency that led to more than 130 days, or an estimated US$7.5 Million, in company savings.
- Lack of visibility concerning operational performance
- Process discrepancies between rigs and between drillers
- Non-homogeneous platform for communication and real-time learning
- Managed roll-out: at the beginning of the campaign, the proNova solution captured data from each rig and established an objective baseline for a series of Key Performance Indicators using rig averages. This same dataset was used to identify best-safe-practice targets for each of the KPIs by reviewing each crew’s performance statistics. These baselines and targets were then communicated to all project stakeholders.
- Daily Feedback: proNova client teams automated and sent a series of daily and weekly reports that guided stakeholders to highlight the highs and lows in performance to facilitate knowledge-sharing between crews and rigs during the morning safety briefings. In addition, proNova teams trained engineering and field personnel on the web-based application to help monitor activities in real-time and reference historical performance.
- Field Involvement: specialized metrics centered around operational efficiency were generated based on KPI targets to ensure apples-to-apples comparisons between rigs. To further ensure equal comparisons between crews, proNova teams rigorously Quality Controlled (QC) drilling data and KPI results daily to ensure non-routine activities did not skew statistics.
To transform raw drilling data into actionable insights requires proven algorithms and robust quality-control. By combining proprietary rig-state detection and multi-tiered data QC, proNova added visibility and guidance that facilitated process maps and performance initiatives with the result of measurable efficiency improvements and significant savings to the operator.